Business Listing Accuracy Matters
If your prospective customers can't find you, then how will they buy from you? A winning local search strategy begins with making sure your Google My Business listing is up to date, accurate and garnering reviews and attention. From there, you need to ensure that your business is represented well around the web. If you're questioning the importance of getting online, just look at the numbers.
- 80% of consumers use a search engine to find products and services
- 76% of consumers who research a business visit within 1 day*
- When consumers find incorrect information about a business online, 73% lose trust in that business
How Local Search Works
When deciding whether to show your business information to local searchers, Google considers 3 factors: Distance, Relevancy, and Prominence.
If your business listings are showing up inaccurately around the web, then you risk not showing up in Google Search, effectively giving that potential business away. That's where our PowerListings Program can help.
Distance is determined by the searcher's proximity to your business when conducting a search. Of course, your location cannot change, but your Relevancy and Prominence can be improved.
Your Relevancy is how well your business listings match the search. If your listings are detailed, up-to-date, and consistent around the web, then Google is more likely to show your business.
Add to that your Prominence - gauged by how well-known and reputable your business is based on information Google can find across the web.
Key Benefits of Improving Your Local Search
- Increase your web and foot traffic: Leading in search can lead to customers knocking on your doorstep.
- Become the leader in your space: By being at the top in your local search, you'll be setting the standard.
- Improve your bottom line: More traffic means more opportunities to sell.
- Get more reviews on the web: With happy customers, it's essential to increase your web footprint. You'll get more and better reviews, further improving your web rank in Google's local search.
LET'S REVIEW YOUR Local listings report AND ONLINE POTENTIAL TOGETHER
Once you finish the free listings and reviews report, click the button below to set up a 15-minute strategy call with our team. On our call, we will review your local listing status, answer any of your burning marketing questions, and help plot out the next steps in your business success story.
*Statistics courtesy Google, Get Your Business Online.